Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Product Recommendation - Market Pantry Black Tea


I don't usually do product reviews on the blog but I found a product I love. While grocery shopping for baby food and lunches for my husband, I decided to try a new product(for me at least) from Target and decided I must share. I'm always looking for ways to save money while buying quality products. Let's be honest, you don't save anything if the product you buy is cheaper but tastes like crap. You usually end up trying to find something else more palatable and throwing or giving the other away. I have yet to be disappointed by products by Target's own food brand, Market Pantry. This is no exception.

So, I was looking for a good tea for making iced tea. I'm very particular about my iced tea as I drink it unsweetened and often just chilled not iced. I prefer a black tea but I don't like any bitterness or an odd aftertaste(Tea drinkers know there usually is a tea taste after drinking a cup of tea but I hate a bitterness lingering on my palate after I've finished) Market Pantry Black Tea has a wonderful flavor. It comes packaged 24 large tea bags per box, ideal for making large quantities of tea (each bag makes 1 quart of tea, hot or cold) I used 5 tea bags and 5 quarts of water to fill my iced tea dispenser which will probably last me a week. The tea brewed for about 5 minutes and the resulting strength and flavor is just right for me. [Tea tip: don't squeeze the tea bags when you remove them as it will release a bitter taste in your tea, I don't remember if it is an oil in the leaves or something else but it definitely taints the flavor of the brewed tea] The best part is it was only $1.79 for the box (at our Target, I assume that prices may vary) which will probably keep me in tea for a month. They do offer a decaffeinated version which I would guess is just as good if you prefer to avoid the caffeine however, with a toddler running me ragged, I won't be trying that one any time soon! If you do try it let me know, I would love to hear your thoughts. In the meantime I'm going to go have a nice tall glass of fresh brewed iced tea.YUM!!

No comments: