Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Nature Walk and Rude Awakening










We took advantage of the great weather and took a trip out to the Holden Arboretum. Some flowers and trees were blooming but it is still a little early here so I don't have a ton of images.

Now when we returned 4 or 5 hours later, we found our neighbor cutting down half of the apple tree that shades our house. In all fairness, my friend who owns the house was suppose to either hire someone or come out here herself and prune it so it wouldn't hang over and drop apples on their driveway(and cars). They have been patient for about 6 to 9 months. I had pruned it some but don't have the equipment to take down the higher levels(and larger branches) of the tree that hung over their property. I'm afraid to go out there and see what's really going on.(I don't know if they will yell at me and I'm not in the mood to be verbally abused today) Plus, from what I can see peeking out the front window, they've done a pretty good hack job of the 'pruning' and I'm afraid I would show my disgust if it is hacked really bad(I believe that you can severely prune a tree with out hacking it or, my biggest fear right now, killing it).

So... I will just sit in here and pray they don't do too much more hacking and report the results with pictures later. I may have to rearrange my plants depending on how severely hacked the tree is. I hope they weren't jerks and stepped all over my plants!!

2 comments:

Split Rock Ranch said...

How sad that neighbors can be such jerks. If that's the worse thing they have to worry about, I'd say they have a pretty good life. Geez, they should just get over it - put their big boy boxers on and deal with it!

Tina said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I so love floral pictures! Sorry to hear about the tree. I hope it works out for the best. I would be very sad. That kind of thing really bothers me as well.