Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Garden Gnome Update - Sculpting is Finished, Let the Painting Begin! (Photo Heavy)


Finally the sculpting is finished! Here are the final photos of the entire gnome. There are some elements that can't be applied until the gnome is fully painted so you won't see those yet but for the most part this is it. I'm happy with how he has turned out and am currently covering the entire gnome in gesso so I can start painting.

Also, a development I shared on my Facebook page, I'm putting together a self-published book so that I can chronicle the entire process for my son. I know he is going to be traumatized when we have to say goodbye to Sir Gnome. I also bought him his own little plaster gnome that he can paint and put in his room (he thinks he has to sculpt on it so I think I broke the boy :o)


(in the gnome's beard will be tucked playing cards)












There will be three dimensional cards surrounding this scene with the playing cards. I can't even begin to show you how it will look because
I have to paint it then attach the cards.
Also, his bottle will be attached to his hand after the cards are all in place.
I decided to give the last remaining rose a little face. She will be very subtle.
but I do hope to give her long lashes.:o)


I shared the photos of my hands on the Hive but here they are after the final day of sculpting. Most of the clay has finally washed off and my thumbs don't hurt nearly as bad as they did but they still are dry. Ah! it's so hard being an artist :o)



Next week's update: the painting begins :o)

2 comments:

Unforth said...

It's so awesome!! WOW!

hoffee and a nuffin said...

You are absolutely TALENTED! You better believe that. I love it so much already without color... can't wait to see it with!