Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Garden Gnome Update - Sculpting Continues, Gesso Begins and a Little Garden Update, too!

The caterpillar and his hookah are complete (except for the pipe which will be one of the last things done) I think he is going to look spectacular when he is painted.


I'm wavering on how I'm sculpting the playing card painting the roses red.
I'm now leaning towards one and making him larger
(originally, I had two card people but the beard is really throwing me off so...)
There is still a little sculpting I want to do on the bottom of the rose bush also.


I've started sanding and painting those finished areas with gesso. He really is getting to a point of completion and since some of the finished sculpting is taking me longer as far as preparation goes, I thought I would get ahead of the game in other areas.

Here's my son helping me. He's a very good helper! Here he holds the gnome's bottle in place. It will be affixed after I finish the spray of playing cards which is right above this area. And speaking of playing cards...


Here they are drying. Magic Smooth is a very odd material to work with. It is thicker than I thought it would be and super sticky. I would only use this again if I have a very specific use for it. The Magic Sculpt, however, is fabulous and I will be using it again. As a matter of fact, I want to make a white rabbit sculpture out of it for my garden. That will have to be put on the back burner for now :o)

I missed my garden update on Saturday, took the pictures but didn't get a chance to post them, so here is a little added bonus to my gnome update. We had a bit of a cold snap last week so the primrose didn't bloom like I thought they might.
They are trying though!



Here's to a productive week!
Enjoy!

No comments: