Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

40 obscure things about me!

In honor of my upcoming 40th birthday, I thought I would post 40 obscure facts about me that most people probably don't know( yeah, I know...that IS what obscure means!![see number 5]:-)

1. I love Tim Burton films(Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is my favorite but Big Fish reminds me of my dad before he died so it's my sentimental favorite)
2. I'm Godmother to my best friend's daughter, Brigid (and they call me her fashionable godmother)
3. I love John Cusack( Too bad guys like him don't exist in the real world!)
4. I'm fiercely independent and have been since an early age(and it doesn't make marriage easy)
5. I love to read the dictionary when I'm bored...okay, even when I'm not bored!
6. I've studied astrology since the age of 20(give or take a year, my mom studied since I was a small child!)
7. I went to CCS-CAD (Center for Creative Studies-College of Art and Design in Detroit, MI)
8. I was disappointed as a little girl (2 or 3) when I found out the cherub 'sculpture' was not a decoration for my bedroom but part of the swag lighting in the bathroom. [My dad built our house and he had the pieces for the lamp in my unfinished bedroom;-(]
9. My first nail polish was dark purple
10. The first song I remember liking was Deep Purple "Smoke on the Water"(heard it at a wedding when I was about 5)
11. I have 1 older sister, a brother-in-law, 2 nephews and 2 nieces
12. I'm pigeon-toed (although as I've aged it doesn't seem as noticeable unless I'm very tired)
13. I have an astigmatism with one ovoid eye and one cone shaped eye ( well I did mention obscure facts, didn't I?)
14. I took driver's ed at 16 but didn't get my license until I was 22(my family didn't have a car I could practice with and take my test in)
15. I was in 2 car accidents in 2 months(to the day, March 15 and May 15) when I was in high school. Both times other people were driving but it spooked me into thinking I was jinxed and would die in a car accident before I was 21(so I was superstitious)
16. My Grandmother died the day before my birthday, my uncle the day after my birthday (not the same year...Thank Goodness!)
17. Out of 18 biological aunts and uncles only 2 remain (both aunts on my mom's side)
18. I'm 50% polish and 50% mutt(German, Scottish, English, Irish and Dutch)
19. My hair was spiked like Robert Smith of the Cure when I was in my late teens and early 20's (and they are one of my all-time favorite bands)
20. I looked up to and wanted to be like Cyndi Lauper when I was in high school and I still admire her.
21. I loved Danny Elfman (and Oingo Boingo) back in high school and still do.( WEIRDOS UNITE!!)
22. I've always chosen my friends on the quality of their character and remain loyal to my menagerie of friends ( whether I am still in contact with them or not, they are still my friends!)
23. I like cats better than dogs
24. My childhood cat, Spottie and my single life cat, Teddy, were both born on July 4 (and to date they are my two favorite cats although my current cat Oscar ranks up there too!)
25. I met my husband on E-harmony
26. I love all spotted big cats(snow leopards, ocelots, Persian leopards, jaguars) and Lynx
27. I love Canada and would love to live there someday
28. When I was a teenager I used to go down to the lake at the end of our street (it's a little one called Erie...) and I would imagine that my real family was across the way in Canada (sure I look like my mother but when you are a teenager and not so happy you imagine a better place, mine was Canada)
29. My favorite sport is HOCKEY!!( I have a hierarchy of NHL teams) but I didn't like it until I was 26ish
30. I wanted to go to New York City(Parsons) to be a fashion designer
31. My current dream life is to have a small Christmas Tree Farm/boutique in New Brunswick (Michigan would be okay too!)
32. My favorite color is deep vibrant red (but until recently was purple..I go back and forth between the two)
33. I love Moose
34. I managed a music store for 7 years ( and always liked Annie Potts character in "Sixteen Candles")
35. My first boyfriend was Brian Hood and he worked at Record Carnival (and he was probably the nicest boy I ever dated)
36. I love Chucks!
37. One of my favorite places is the Cleveland Museum of Art
38. House cleaning is definitely not my forte
39. My favorite car was a used '94 red Acura Integra
40. I would love to meet Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra or the Dalai Lama

No comments: