Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Newest WIP


I've been in paper clay land for much too long and put off my little felt elves so this post is an update on those little felt folks .


I have been sitting on spun glass halos for about a year. Had every intention of making angels but my original vision included hand feathered wings out of feathers I made out of fabric and wire. I started the wings a long time ago and will get to them some day but in addition to the halos, I also had Dresden Angel wings and, voila!, My very first angel ornament was born. I chose to give her red hair since I am a redhead and while every ugly witch under the sun has had red hair, very few angels ever do.
I also finished another ice skater. Another red head, I realized why she was put on the back burner. When applying her hair, the glue bled through and gooked up her hair. My remedy was to add glitter *snow* to her hair and dress and a little extra embellishment to her headband. The oops is concealed and she looks awfully cute. I don't know if I would do this again unless faced with a similar problem but she was too cute to discard and leave unfinished.


This Poinsettia elf was listed on Etsy and sold within an hour of her listing. She is now on her way to the UK. I hope her new owner loves her as much as I did! They really are like little children. :o)

This Holly elf was a companion to the Poinsettia elf. I have a Mistletoe elf in the works in addition to another set of *foliage* elves done in black and white. Also in the works: More angels, Dorothy, the scarecrow and Glinda the good witch from the Wizard of Oz, Hockey elves and tin soldier/ drummer boy elves. When I start making elves I find it very hard to stop. I also find it very hard to finish some because I need to work out a new idea before I forget it. I hope to share more elves as well as the finished paper clay pieces I've been working on next time. Now I'm back to little felt folks! :o)

No comments: