Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Junior League's Children's Holiday Palooza


Sometimes you do shows and you don't sell much but they are still worth the time and effort. The Junior League's Children's Holiday Palooza was one of those events for me. Sure, selling out would have been nice but sometimes you just need to get your work out there and get exposure. (Plus, I would have been in a world of hurt if I sold everything since I have two more shows in short succession!)


This event was basically a brunch with Santa, it was day three of fund raising events for the Junior League, and the only one that included the kids. As a matter of fact it was the one built around the little one's. The kids ate brunch, got to decorate cookies and make Christmas cards, shop in the Twigbee shop and meet Kris Kringle and Twigbee the bear. While all this was going on parents could shop the tables.




The best part for me was the look on all the little one's faces when they walked past my table, little fingers grasping retro Christmas lights and joyfully smiling at little elf ornaments. I do consider them my target audience (them and the rest of us folks that are young at heart!:o)

[the other highlight was being able to experience the Silver Grille in the old Higbee's building. Note the well appointed ladies restroom! (below) Love those stainless steel pendant lights!! Sorry, I didn't take photos of the marble stalls, LOL]

OH! I did find that I need to take my tot downtown to see the last decorated storefront window at the old Higbee's site. It's not much but it made my heart skip a beat when I saw it :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the sales, but as you said, at least you had fun!

Also stopping by to let you know I'm hosting a give away for my blog followers and you're one of them. All you need to do to enter if you wish is comment on the give away post.