Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

From My Garden (and more!)

Large garden mums


What's left of my football mums after the deer snacked on them

Scary weed in my potted peony that I can't pull without heavy duty gloves(at least it will have flowers, LOL)

my little one with *his* Japanese Maple tree we bought the year he was born






the last remaining bloom on my butterfly bush :o(

Stowaway Grandpa Ott's morning glory.(it secretly transplanted itself )

my garden moose



In the past couple of weeks, all the energy I had going into my latest works has shifted to fall cleaning. Since I loathe cleaning, I heavy duty clean, purge and rearrange about twice a year (sometimes 3 times depending on my mood;o) Now, this doesn't mean I don't clean here and there throughout the year, I do on a semi-regular basis, but the entire house is never as clean as it is after my fall or spring cleaning is finished. I take down and wash the drapes(and shower curtain) and vacuum under all the furniture. Pull up all the floor rugs, wash them and mop all the tiled surfaces. Clean all the cupboards and rearrange everything so I can find it.(there must be a little troll running around this house who just puts things wherever they can find an open place) Dust and wipe down all the furniture, clean baseboards and all flat surfaces. And so on and so on. Needless to say, doing all this in short succession doesn't leave much time to create. Thus the reason I only do the heavy duty stuff 2 or 3 times a year and spot clean when needed. I'm almost finished with the insanity which means I will soon be painting and creating (oh! how I long to escape to my happy place once more.)

In the meantime, here are some new photos from my garden. We are still waiting impatiently for the cosmos to bloom! (But the marigolds are blooming) and my little one's latest creation. We go to a little ceramics place here every year and he makes me an ornament for the Christmas tree and gets to paint a piece of his choice (this year a race car!)

While I think of it, does anyone know if you can bring Gerbera daisies in for the winter?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely blooms! I guess they'll sadly be gone soon, so it's nice to see some. I hear ya on the cleaning- it's too hard to keep the house that clean all the time, so twice a year sounds about right!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Love the garden moose, he's adorable. Those cone flowers are gorgeous. Beautiful shots.