Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

So Many New Ornaments in My Head!

newest ornament- retro ice skater

I have so many new and exciting ideas for Christmas ornaments this year! [I just hope I can get them all finished.]

Here is a breakdown of what I've been playing with (unfortunately I have no photos [yet!])

-Wizard of Oz- done in the same style as my elves. I will also start numbering all of these character ornaments as they are one of a kind and limited numbers can be made each year. I have designed Dorothy, the Tin Man, Scarecrow, and Lion as well as Glinda the good witch of the North. I also have all the materials for these and just need to carve out the time to create them. Also in the collection: the Wicked Witch of the West, flying monkeys and munchkins (especially the lollipop guild)

-Alice in Wonderland- again done in the style of the elves and numbered. I will probably get the card people done first. I still need to sketch out Alice, the Mad Hatter, March Hare, Queen of Hearts, Caterpillar, Cheshire cat, etc. I also hope to create the little 'drink me' bottles and 'eat me' goodies.

- Retro felt Ornaments- in round and odd ornament shapes that were popular in the 60's. Two color ways here (to start): Red, ice blue, blue and white and red, green and white.

- International Folk Costume elves- numbered; highly detailed based on folk costumes from around the world. I have two books on order(gotta love used 25c books!) Obviously I still need to do much research and many sketches before these will be ready.

-New colors of the Autism charitable ornament. I also need to make as many of these as I can as they tend to be my best sellers. Also am working on a few non-holiday puzzle piece frames for my regular shop.

- Mermaids - numbered and like the elves. Sequined tails should be beautiful just need to find the time.

-Butterfly Mobiles- I sell these on consignment at a local gallery and I need to replenish my supply. Each one is cut out by hand, painted and then wired to a chenille body. Very Cute! I hope to be able to put these back in my etsy shop also.

-Mice- don't have much done on this idea yet. I have the picture in my mind but I haven't crafted the ornament yet.(hmmm....I wonder why?)

-Felt wreaths- again a new idea, still working out the details.

I hope to have pictures of progress soon. Alice and the Wizard of Oz will reach completion before the others. Although I will be painting a backdrop for the finished Wizard of Oz characters diorama, I may share their progress!

When will I find time to garden?

1 comment:

Joanne Olivieri said...

I love her. She is a little fashionista. Very well done.