Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Elf

I have long been interested in how the energy behind things affects you. If you think about it astrology is the energy behind the planet patterns created on the day you were born. Numerology is the energy vibration of the numbers connected to you and the names you have reduced down to numbers. I believe it has to do with harmonics. I need to study harmonics more before I could add much more of a dialog to this than my opinion. All I know is that these things have felt accurate in my gut and while I don't understand them completely, I do have faith in that gut feeling.

Out of curiosity, I went to the Kabalarians website and plugged in my nickname, Elf, to see if it had any insight. This is what it said (my thoughts are in parenthesis) :

  • The name Elf gives you a strongly independent and highly creative nature, with drive and ambition to have experiences and accomplish things out of the ordinary. (considering this name became attached to me because of my art, I would say pretty uncanny, however, this is part of my nature so perhaps I was drawn to the name because it resonated to my nature)
  • You can work intently at whatever is new and holds your interest at the moment, but your interest wanes quickly when drudgery and monotony set in. (So true, again my nature but perhaps this name helps me to stick with things at least until completion. Just don't make me recreate the same thing over and over, GAK!:o)

  • Obstacles to your progress or restrictions on your freedom to act create a sense of frustration which may cause you to feel resentful and even rebellious..(again, my nature, I have turned my frustration from a lack of freedom into my impetus to do many creative things at home and even to go back to school)
  • You can then become intolerant of others, and caustic and belittling in your expression, thereby imposing stress on your personal relationships.(trying to find ways to avoid this, namely by creating things and going back to school)
  • Although the name Elf creates an active mind and a restless urge to explore new ideas, we emphasize that it causes a restless intensity that defies relaxation. (I can't help it, I'm restless by nature, always busy, thus the full business name, I'm telling you it resonates:o)
If you are curious to see how your first name compares, you can go to the Kabalarian site and plug in your first name. They even offer a free name report right now if you need to know more! They even offer a free business name analysis.

While I find this all interesting I must add that I only use it as a way to learn more about myself. I believe that everyone has free will and therefore can choose to change the circumstances they are facing. These types of sites should be used as a tool, not a crutch. Remember, if you don't like what you read you can either choose to ignore it or, as I do, find a way to change it. :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cool thing about your name! Me will have to go and do that!!!
Me stops by your site (it is in my reader) cuz people's sites all looks the same at the hive. Me thinks your art is wonderful and me loves your site, so me is giving yous an AWSOME Blog award!
Yous can pick it up here:
http://thecatfromhell.blogspot.com/2011/02/awsome-blog-award.html
Kitty Kisses and Head Butts
Nellie