Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Joy of Moving, Pt. 2


Well, the preparation continues. I feel like it's crawling along, with a 2 year old to keep up with, it's hard to get much done. Nap time is usually when I can get the most accomplished. I managed to get the curtain rod hardware up, drapes ironed and hung the other day but I'm still working on washing our drapes. When they do make it through the washer, I have to dry, iron and hang them for the new place. I also had a lot of errands outside of the house in the past couple of days, most were related to the move, so that's good, but it feels like it takes precious time away from the task at hand at home. Doesn't help that I forgot to get pant hangers for the drapes, TWICE, and have to go back out today! Yes, I too get frustrated with myself and my circumstances, but I don't dwell on it because it is what it is and really can't be changed, tweaked perhaps but not changed. Moving is temporary, all the chaos that ensues slightly before and after the actual move is transient, although irritating and frustrating, I must admit!

There is a wonderful feeling of excitement that I get with a move. I like a change of scenery, although some places more than others. There is a newness that feels good. It's a new chapter and a fresh start, even though you schlep your stuff with you from one house to the next. When I get frustrated I think of this aspect of moving and everything falls into place, my perspective changes and I am able to focus on the task at hand.

So today I will try to remember the damn pant hangers and finish up the drapes. Then I hope to finish up my studio and start packing up the kitchen and bath (only the things we use daily will be left unpacked, that means one towel, washcloth and hand towel for each of us. The rest will be packed and we will have to throw our respective towels in with our laundry)I'm sure this list will span the course of a few days, I always think I'm capable of getting more done in one day than I can. I always fail to take the toddler factor into account which always foils me!!

Well, we are watching Super Why! When it finishes I will get the little tyke dressed and start another busy day.

2 comments:

AWJ said...

You have a good outlook on it all-- keep it up! I hope it goes smoothly and you don't forget anything else, heh. Just remember not to lift or move anything too heavy-- after our last move, I ended up in the emergency room with a pulled muscle in my side that kept me from being able to breathe properly. :( Next time, I'll wait for help to unpack!

Census said...

Sounds like you are really organised to me. Moving is really hard work so pace yourself. Easy for me to say, lol!!
Have a great weekend and just think soon you'll be moved. Exciting!!